Roasting vegetables takes them to another level, and once you try roasted cauliflower you likely won’t ever make cauliflower any other way!
Cauliflower has never been on the top of my vegetable list. Raw or cooked, the smell, the texture, it just wasn’t for me. In an effort to get more vegetables into my diet though I thought I’d give it one more try roasted, and TAH DAH… we have a winner! This side is now on regular dinner rotation in my house.
I used fresh thyme from my newly planted herb garden, but I’ve also used rosemary. Try some different seasoning and herbs, you really can’t go wrong!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
- 1 medium to large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (enough to coat but not soak florets)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- cracked pepper (to test)
- 1 tsp thyme or rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil.
- Then toss with garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, turning over half way through roasting.